This is an incremental release fixing a number of issues and offering a new pathway for those of you that have been using v009 and v007. Note that you can use the StandardFirmata that comes with the Arduino IDE – OR – the stepperFirmata we include with Maxuino.
- there are now two versions of the maxuino.help and maxuino files
- maxuino.help.maxpat is the same as our recent releases and relies heavily on the GUI and OSC input. This remains largely unchanged and is still experiencing issues with digital inputs.
- maxuino-noGUI.help.maxpat shows you how to talk directly to the maxuino translator, simplifying things for those of you who want to include a lightweight low feature capability into your sketches. Note that it uses the maxuino-noGUI.maxpat. For those of you that have been using v009 because you wanted direct access in this way, please use this new patch rather than the old versions. All features are working and have been tested with Arduino UNO and MEGA 2650 boards.
- fixed a minor bug in maxuino.js
- updated stepperFirmata to match the latest version of Firmata (v2.3) and so it should compile again. Dont forget you need to add stepperDriver to your arduino libraries folder and restart Arduino IDE to get this Firmata to work.
We were not able to test every configuration and board and so please do post any issues you find – its the summer, and so there is a bit more time right now to get things fixed quickly!