After several similar questions I thought I would do a quick post about the status of maxuino:
– The most recent version of Maxuino is here: http://www.maxuino.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/maxuino_stepper_alpha_013.zip
– This version of maxuino has stepper capability, but only if you also use our stepperFirmata variant. If you use the Firmata that is shipped with the Arduino IDE it will work just fine for everything except it will not run stepper motors.
– This version of Maxuino does work with Max 6 and the most recent Arduino IDE and the newest generation of Arduinos including UNOs, Mega 2650, and Teensy boards.
– please double check the getting started page before emailing. The most common issue is the file paths in Max have to be set to search recursively into the folders of Maxuino
– there is one particular error message where it looks for a Maxuino external object, but we did not widely distribute that and so it will not affect the performance of Maxuino and you can ignore the error.
– we are doing further development of Maxuino, hopefully cleaning it up and refining it for a final non-alpha release in the Fall.
– we do not mind helping you out if you have problems, but be patient since we do this for free